Wednesday 25 February 2015

Pink shabby chic box with drawers

I made this box for Eszter... a storage for her tiny stuff.








The basic is a simple plain wooden storage box with 3 drawers that I bought very cheap at the German Tedi store. 








First I painted it white with acrylic paint.









Then I sanded with sandpaper because some parts of the box were very rough.


Here, you can see it before sanding:







And after sanding:






Then I put a thin layer of pink acrylic paint. I used the Marabu Wild Rose colour. 


Meanwhile I asked Eszter what pattern she preferred from my paper napkin collection and she chose the little cupcakes. I tried to persuade her of choosing the owls instead but I think she had enough of my owls :-)








I cut out the cake shapes with scissors and I glued them with decoupage glue on the wooden surface.


I made the number by myself with using a plain brown IKEA paper napkin and a Sizzix die (Wanted by Tim Holtz).









Then I sanded the edges and other parts to give a shabby look but just slightly because Eszter looked very nasty at me :-)


You can see the drawer number 1 before sanding, and the drawer number 3 after sanding:







In the end I put a neither too thick and nor too thin layer of Ranger Distress Paint (Clear Rock Candy).



You can see nice tiny crackles on the wood here:







and here:







I named the box:  NUMBERS OF CUPCAKE





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!